Thank you Kate @thetustingirl for the nomination! Kate’s brilliant blog The Tustin Girl has a strong mental health and motivational focus as she is a Mindset and Success Coach and Mentor.
The Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
1. Thank the blogger (s) who nominated you for the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post and / or blog!
Here are Kate’s 11 questions:
1. Why did you start your blog?
To document my new house renovation project as well as for a mental health outlet. I throw in books & holidays for fun too!
2. What is your favourite way to unwind and relax?
Watching or reading crime dramas – often the grislier the better!
3. What would your ideal job be?
I actually already do my ideal job – I am a fundraising bid writer for a mental health organisation!
4. What is your favourite film and why?
Lately I’ve absolutely loved The Martian, Interstellar & Passengers despite supposedly disliking anything space related! I think my absolute favourite though is Death Becomes Her – I adore Meryl Streep!
5. Which option would you pick between having a good, stable job with a good pay or doing something you love for very little money?
Definitely doing something I love for less money – it’s a choice I consciously made recently! I was a teacher but my work/life balance was not balanced in the slightest & I was really unhappy! I wrote about it here.
6. Where would you most love to live and why?
My husband & I entertain the idea of retiring abroad in our old age – perhaps Italy which we visited last year & was beautiful. Otherwise, anywhere by the seaside yet remote with lots of dogs & cats!
7. What is your biggest fear?
My husband & I dying & our animals being without us!
8. What has been your biggest struggle, to date, with your blog?
Going public as I’m quite a private person by nature. I worry about growing my followers enough to justify monetising my blog one day and understanding SEO (search engine optimisation) too!
9. Which quality do you admire most in people and why?
Confidence! It’s definitely something I’ve always lacked & I think it frequently hampers me somewhat.
10. Which famous person (alive or dead) would you most like to be like and why?
My favourite author Marian Keyes for her amazing writing skills & humour.
11. What is your goal for 2018?
I have 40 goals as I turned 40 at the end of 2017…they are here!
because we have all followed each other recently & I think they’re putting their all into their blogs! My 11 questions are:
Would you rather (and why…):
1. Have unlimited time or unlimited money?
2. Be stranded in the sea or the desert?
3. Join the circus or be kidnapped by aliens?
4. Fast forward to the future or go back in time?
5. Live without books or TV?
6. Run 25 miles or walk 50?
7. Be a celebrity or a politician?
8. Give up chocolate or caffeine?
9. Lose the sense of smell or taste?
10. Listen to your most hated song on repeat or eat your least favourite food for every meal?
11. Be unable to laugh or unable to cry?
I look forward to reading your answers!