My vision for a beautiful midnight botanical bedroom is about to be realised! I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about and envisioning my dreamy theme and the steps I need to take to implement it are as follows:
* Fill old picture holes and employ a plasterer to skim the walls and (currently wallpapered!) ceiling.
* Choose and arrange fitting of coving and ceiling rose and replacement skirting boards.
* Remove existing curtain pole and horrible basic fixing board, make good and re-hang curtain pole.
* Wallpaper feature wall behind headboard with woodchipandmagnolia Ava Marika ditsy wallpaper, as shown below.
* Hang statement Debenhams (bargain!) chandelier, as shown below.
* Purchase Karl Lagerfeld bedding (as shown below) as well as floor length jewel coloured curtains, fitted blind, cushions and throw.
* Purchase retro style bedside tables (currently scouring eBay!).
* Source vintage style bookcase, velvet or floral reading chair/chaise (similar to the M&S one below) and a beaut of a rug.
* Hang vintage mirror, framed prints and decorative pieces.
My husband has given me free reign for the bedroom decor so I’m completely indulging myself with all my favourite colours and styles…there are ‘before’ pictures of how it looks now on my blog house tour here. I’m so excited for the ‘after’!